Hobby Master Shipping FAQ
Hobby Master Shipping FAQ
When do orders get processed?
- We print out orders at approximately 11am Monday to Friday. We then start the process of compiling your cards and other items and then packaging them for shipping. We keep an eye on incoming orders during the course of the day and orders received before 2pm will generally catch that day’s courier but we cannot guarantee this.
What is your shipping target?
- We aim to ship orders within 24 hours of receiving them. Orders received after 2pm on a Friday and on Saturday/Sunday will be shipped on a Monday. Public Holidays will also delay orders and they will be shipped on the next business day.
When do orders get sent?
- Our orders generally get picked up by the courier between 2-3 pm. The shipping option we use is overnight for courier bags so if it ships on a Tuesday you should receive it Wednesday.
What shipping options do you offer?
We ship by post (NZ Post) or Fastway Couriers (still currently listed as NZ Couriers). Shipping costs are calculated automatically at checkout, and you can choose which shipping option you prefer. Post is cheaper, but courier is quicker and offers the ability to track your order.
Can I get items delivered on Saturday?
- Yes, you can! There is now an option for Saturday shipping option when checking out. There is an additional $6 cost for this. The latest we can accept an order for Saturday delivery is 2pm on Friday. PLEASE DO NOT SELECT THIS OPTION ON SATURDAY! Saturday delivery is not available for every location; if it is not available in your area we will refund you for the charges.
How do I know my order has shipped?
- On the day your order is shipped (whether by Fastway Couriers or NZ Post) you will receive a confirmation email. This confirms your order has been sent and, if you chose courier, you will receive a link to the item’s tracking details.
My order hasn’t arrived. What should I do?
- If it is by courier, check you’re tracking details from your confirmation email. If you still have issues contact us by email and we can have the courier company investigate. If it is by NZ Post it is not possible to track the items. You should first contact your local NZ Post store to check with them. We do not replace items lost by New Zealand Post and strongly recommend courier over NZ Post as this is traceable.
I haven’t received a confirmation email or received my item. What should I do?
- From time to time we may have to delay your order. This may be due to not having the correct card or product in stock. Generally if this is the case we will email you to advise of the cause. If you have not heard from us please email us immediately and we will investigate. We can be contacted at email@example.com or (09) 526 5068.
I’m missing a card/have the wrong cards in my order?
- Please call 09 526 5068 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the problem and we will try and fix it ASAP.
I've just put in a pick up order and want to come and pick it up immediately. Will it be ready?
- We monitor our orders all day however if it is a big order it may take some time. If you want to pick it up immediately give us a call on 09 526 5068 and we can make sure your order is ready for when you come in.
The new Magic set is out on Friday. Why can’t I receive my pre-order on Friday?
- New Magic products are always released on a Friday. Hasbro who produce Magic the Gathering prevent us from shipping earlier than the release date. We can however now offer Saturday delivery. All new release items will be shipped on release date and no earlier.
I want to pick up my order from the Takapuna branch. Why hasn't it arrived yet?
- All the cards on the website are located at our Ellerslie branch, and it requires up to 2 days to transfer. Cards that have been ordered on Friday cannot be guarenteed to arrive at the Takapuna store until Monday, as couriers do not operate reliably over the weekend. Please call Takapuna 09 489 2750 first to check if your order has arrived.
(Insider tip- If your order is over $100.00 (without sealed product) you are eligible for free Fastway Courier shipping. So it would be much easier to ship to your home address.)
I forgot to order something else I wanted, do I have to pay for shipping again?
- You don't have to pay for shipping again. Just place another order; and select pickup in-store and in the address field add the note "Combine shipping with #XXXXX" (We cannot guarantee that this will work 100% of the time; as we are quite effient with packing, your order may have already been packed).
- Please email us to let us know you have done this.
Please comment below any frequent questions you may have, we will answer them and add them to the list.