HOBBY MASTER AND COVID-19 GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS
The following documents the changes to store operations at different level settings of Government regulations during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are contantly reviewing these policies and reserve the right to update or alter these at any time to stay within accordance to Gov't regulations or to ensure better safety practice in the store.
Please note: As jumping from level to level is quite disruptive to store operations and rostering, and information from government is changeable, the store may not impliment all of the following at once (for example, between level 3 and 2, we may need to delay returning to events).
LEVEL 1 GAMING RULES – GAMING AS USUAL
LEVEL 2 GAMING RULES – LIMITED GAMING
As Hobby Master is a dedicated events venue, we can safely host games within government guidelines and regulations with the following guidelines in place:
- NORMAL HOURS RESUME: Monday 11am - 7pm, Tuesday to Friday 11am to 10pm, and Weekends 10am to 6pm.
- MAINTAIN YOUR BUBBLE – Do not get closer to other players than 1 metre unless your bubbles have already been shared.
- CONTACT TRACING – When you arrive, make sure you scan in on the Covid Tracer App or get your details noted for contact tracing purposes before entering the gaming area.
- IF YOU'RE SICK STAY HOME – DO NOT come in if you're feeling poorly. Doubly so if you have flu symptoms.
- MASK UP – make sure you are wearing a mask for your games. Forgot your mask? We'll have some available in store to purchase.
- WASH HANDS – Wash your hands before and after games. Sanitiser stations are in the gaming area for your convenience.
- NO SHARING – DO NOT share gaming equipment. Do not touch your opponents cards, tokens, dice or minis. If your opponent needs to see a rule, place the book in front of them open to the rule, but don't share the book.
- ACTIVE PLAYERS ONLY IN THE EVENTS AREA – If you're between games or watching, maintain social distancing from players. If you are not playing a game, please stay out of the events area.
- LEVEL 2.5 RULE – 10 PLAYER LIMIT PER GAME SYSTEM – as each game is of itself a 'social gathering', each game/pod is limited to 10 participants. Event participants must always remain 1m away from other events at all times.
NO SHOWS – If you you have arranged to play, but can't make it, please call the store at (09) 526 5068 so we can free up the space.
LEVEL 2 GAME SYSTEM SPECIFIC RULES
WARGAMERS – Book your games! Table booking and Level 2 rules specifc to wargaming sheet can be found here.
TCG DRAFTING – Card Drafting is not available during Level 2 as sharing cards is not allowed. We will instead offer sealed events in place of these until Level 1.
- MTG COMMANDER – Update: This CAN be played during Level 2 at Hobby Master. However if you have not shared bubbles with your team-mate or opponent, you must maintain a 1 metre social distance from them.
- RPGs & D&D – Update: This CAN be played during Level 2 at Hobby Master. However if you have not shared bubbles with the players of your game, you must maintain a 1 metre social distance from them.
LEVEL 3 – NO GAMING AT HOBBY MASTER PERMITTED
- CONTACTLESS PICK UP – Store is CLICK AND COLLECT location only with limited sales capability.
- Prearranged purchases can be made via contactless paywave. Customers cannot enter the store so call ahead on (09) 526 5068.
- Limited hours of operation – 11am to 7pm weekdays. 10am to 6pm Weekends.
LEVEL 4 – HOBBYMASTER CLOSED AS A NON-ESSENTIAL BUSINESS