HOBBY MASTER AND COVID-19 GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS
The following documents the changes to Hobby Master operations at different level settings of Government regulations during the COVID-19 pandemic in New Zealand. We are contantly reviewing these policies and reserve the right to update or alter these at any time to stay within accordance to Gov't regulations or to ensure better safety practice in the store.
Please note: As jumping from level to level is quite disruptive to store operations and rostering, and information from government is changeable, the store may not impliment all of the following at once (for example, between level 3 and 2, we may need to delay returning to events).
Hobby Master accepts no liablity for travel or accomodation costs if you're travelling from afar to an event that is cancelled or postponed in the store. We particularlly recommend purchasing flexi ticketing options if you are flying. Should an event be cancelled or postponed, we will happily refund event tickets should you prefer in the form of store credit to use on the website or in-store.
LEVEL 1 – BUSINESS AS USUAL
When entering Hobby Master locations, do remember to scan in using the covid QR codes on site.
LEVEL 2 – LIMITED GAMING IN STORE
Web store: operating as normal.
Physical store: As Hobby Master is a dedicated events venue, we can safely host games within government guidelines and regulations with the following guidelines in place:
- NORMAL PHYSICAL STORE HOURS RESUME: Monday 11am - 7pm, Tuesday to Friday 11am to 10pm, and Weekends 10am to 6pm.
- MAINTAIN YOUR BUBBLE – Try to maintain social distancing while gaming at Hobby Master.
- CONTACT TRACING – When you arrive, make sure you scan in on the Covid Tracer App or get your details noted for contact tracing purposes before entering the gaming area.
- IF YOU'RE SICK STAY HOME – DO NOT come in if you're feeling poorly. Doubly so if you have flu symptoms.
- MASK UP – We strongly recommend wearing a mask in the gaming area. Forgot your mask? We'll have some available in store to purchase while stocks last.
- WASH HANDS – Wash your hands before and after games. Sanitiser stations are in the gaming area for your convenience.
- NO SHARING – DO NOT share gaming equipment. Do not touch your opponents cards, tokens, dice or minis. If your opponent needs to see a rule, place the book in front of them open to the rule, but don't share the book.
- ACTIVE PLAYERS ONLY IN THE EVENTS AREA – If you're between games or watching, try to maintain social distancing from players. If you are not playing a game, please limit your time in the gaming area and maintain social distancing with active gamers.
- LEVEL 2.5 RULE – 10 PLAYER LIMIT PER GAME SYSTEM – as each game is of itself a 'social gathering', each game/pod is limited to 10 participants. Event participants must always remain 1m away from other events at all times.
NO SHOWS – If you you have arranged to play, but can't make it, please call the store at (09) 526 5068 so we can free up the space.
LEVEL 2 GAME SYSTEM SPECIFIC RULES
WARGAMERS – Book your games! Table booking and Level 2 rules specifc to wargaming sheet can be found here.
TCG DRAFTING – Card Drafting is not available during Level 2 as sharing cards is not allowed. We will instead offer sealed events in place of these until Level 1.
- MTG COMMANDER – Update: This CAN be played during Level 2 at Hobby Master. However if you have not shared bubbles with your team-mate or opponent, you must maintain a 1 metre social distance from them.
- RPGs & D&D – Update: This CAN be played during Level 2 at Hobby Master. However if you have not shared bubbles with the players of your game, you must maintain a 1 metre social distance from them.
LEVEL 3 – NO GAMING AT HOBBY MASTER PERMITTED
Web store: operating as normal.
- CONTACTLESS PICK UP – Store is CLICK AND COLLECT location only with limited sales capability.
- On site purchases can be made via contactless paywave. Customers cannot enter the store so call ahead on (09) 526 5068 if you require assitance.
- Limited hours of operation – 10am to 7pm weekdays. 10am to 6pm Weekends.
LEVEL 4 – HOBBYMASTER CLOSED AS A NON-ESSENTIAL BUSINESS